Version 2.0.1 available At Sourceforge (http://atari800.sourceforge.net/index.html) is the new version of the Freeware Emulator available.
Atari800 is in a mature state and offers a rich set of features:
- Atari 400, 800, 600 XL, 800XL, 130XE, 5200 Games System.
- 130XE compatible memory expansions: 320K, 576K, 1088K.
- Optional 4K RAM between 0xc000 and 0xcfff in 400/800 mode.
- Cycle-exact 6502 emulation, all unofficial instructions.
- Cycle-exact NMI interrupts, scanline-based POKEY interrupts.
- Cycle-exact ANTIC and GTIA emulation, all display modes.
- Player/Missile Graphics, exact priority control and collision detection.
- Exact POKEY registers (sound and random number generator).
- 8 disk drives, emulated at computer-to-drive communication and fast patched SIO levels.
- ATR, XFD, DCM, ATR.GZ and XFD.GZ disk images.
- Direct loading of Atari executable files and Atari BASIC programs.
- 42 cartridge types, raw and CART .
- Cassette recorder, raw and CAS images.
- Printer support.
- Files can be stored directly on your host computer via the H: device.
- Current emulation state can be saved in a state file.
- Sound support on Unix using „/dev/dsp“.
- Stereo (two POKEYs) emulation.
- Joystick controller using numeric keypad.
- Real joystick support.
- Paddles, Atari touch tablet, Koala pad, light pen, light gun, ST/Amiga mouse, Atari trak-ball, joystick and Atari 5200 analog controller emulated using mouse.
- R-Time 8 emulation using host computer clock.
- Atari palette read from a file or calculated basing on user-defined parameters.
- Screen snapshots (normal and interlaced) to PCX and PNG files.
- Sound output may be written to WAV files.
- User interface on all versions supporting bitmapped graphics.
- R: device (the Atari850 serial ports) mapped to net or real serial port.
Supported operating systems
Atari800 is a portable emulator that runs on many different platforms ranging from handhelds to desktop computers to graphics workstations. Since some of these machines can run several different operating systems here is the (incomplete) list of operating systems where Atari800 runs:
- All 11 Debian GNU/Linux platforms
- MS DOS
- MS Windows
- MS WinCE
- MacOS X/PPC